Free Consultations 209.529.7406

Modesto Spousal Support Lawyer

Requesting Alimony in Modesto, CA

It is not uncommon for many people to question their financial future after a marriage is dissolved. If you were married for a considerable period of time, it may be important to you to retain the standard of living that you were accustomed to during your marriage, and you can do so through spousal support, or alimony. These court-ordered payments can be provided to you on top of child support payments and help ensure that you are not struggling financially due to your former spouse having been a higher wage-earner, or the sole wage-earner during the term of your marriage. There are various types of spousal support, including temporary spousal support which is paid for a set length of time, or for the length of time it takes for the other spouse to get education or training so that he or she can earn a living.

The amount of the support, as well as the duration of the payments will be determined based upon the specifics of your marriage, including the duration and the current income of each person. The factors that are evaluated by the court when making a decision include the length of the marriage (or the domestic partnership), the former standard of living that was enjoyed during the marriage, whether having a job would make it difficult for a parent to care for the children of the marriage, the age and health of both parties, debts, property, and whether there was any form of domestic violence in the partnership, as well as issues regarding whether one of the spouse's (or domestic partners) had their career impacted by caring for the children, and whether one party helped the other to gain a professional license, training, career or education, among other factors.

The state of California holds judicial discretion over the amount of payments that can be received to a separated party, which is why it is absolutely imperative that you retain the experience of our firm when fighting to receive alimony. If you already have an established alimony payment schedule and are looking to make a modification to your divorce decree because of economic hardship or other circumstances in which you are unable to pay your alimony, then it is important that you work with our firm as well.

Likewise, if you need to file a request for a modification in spousal support payments, either to reduce, increase or stop payments, you should contact our firm. These matters require the assistance of an Modesto family law attorney that has a great deal of experience and knowledge in family law. If you are considering a divorce, you may want these answers prior to filing. It is important to be informed before you proceed. There are many ways that a skilled attorney can help you and guide you, including coming to an agreement that is acceptable to both parties without the need for court intervention or any litigation. We are flexible and able to negotiate with the opposing attorney if this will better serve your interests.

Our Lawyers Work Hard for Your Family

With the guidance of Scott Mitchell Law Incorporated, you can rest assured that your spousal support needs will be met. With years of experience in aiding families in Modesto, we have developed a deep understanding of family law and how to best approach a variety of situations and cases. Our firm proudly provides various payment options and free case evaluations to all potential clients, so do not hesitate to contact Scott Mitchell Law Incorporated today to speak with a family law attorney.

Fees and Payments

Here at Scott Mitchell Law Incorporated, when it comes to fees and payments, we strive to be flexible with clients who are seeking legal representation. We offer payment arrangements, flat fee contracts, and traditional retainer agreements. We understand legal representation is necessary for all, and yet difficult for most to pay the fees all at once. Although we cannot guarantee that everyone will be able to hire us, we do promise to do what we can to make it possible for you to hire one of our attorneys to represent you.